|Find the best dive sites||
This is an interactive map! Use controls to pan and zoom this map.
Datum: WGS84 [ Help ]
Latitude: 35° 10.346' N
User rating (2)
Wannadive.net is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in this guide. You use this guide at your own risk.
Choose your format: please login first
From road Lefkogia - Plakias take direction Kalypso Cretan Village
How? By boat & from shore
Distance Short boat time (< 10min)
Easy to find? Hard to find
Alternative name Damnoni Bay West Side
Average depth 10 m / 32.8 ft
Max depth 30 m / 98.4 ft
Current Low ( < 1 knot)
Visibility Good ( 10 - 30 m)
Dive site quality Good
Experience CMAS ** / AOW
Bio interest Interesting
- Snorkeling / Free diving
- Boat trafic
- Interesting cave tunnel 16 to 22m filled with shrimps during daytime. Can be VERY narrow depending on sand configuration, be extra careful.
- Cave with old fishing net 6 to 8m
- Interesting seascape : deep canyons, mounts, widespread grasslands, flat stones, etc.
- Have seen once school of several hundreds barracudas. Turtle if lucky.
Better be guided, can be boring going randomly.
Use a surface buoy when close to harbour, fast and uncaring boat traffic.
By Jerome_Smeets , 09-04-2013
- I believe the best guides you can get for the place are the girls of Phoenix Dive Center.
On Damnoni beach west end or office in Plakias.
You can edit this page to correct errors or add new information. If you have any problems regarding this page, Send us feedback.